|Posted by Mike(Frankenstein) on April 24, 2011 at 5:41 PM|
I went to Upton this morning to break the trail from the top down. I made it without winching but had to work it a few times. There was 2-3 feet of snow in several areas. I feel a week of warm weather will knock it down. There is some pretty deep ruts about half way down. This is from water errosion because the loggers didn't waterbar the trail. It looks like it will be up to us to do this summer. Once I made it to the bottom I turned around to try climbing it. Once past the rutted headwall I turned left to break the new trail all the way back to the bottom. I hit some big mud down on the yard. I feel by next week the trail will be fine.
If I have to rate it for next week it will be down trail = F3 and up trail = F5. Yes, that tough. But that is why we wheel, the challenge. If you are afraid to break something than stay home. I ain't scared. This will be the toughest this trail has ever been. I can't wait. There will be plenty of help if you do have issues. Plan on winching and pulling.
Please try to meet at my house at 8:30am so we can leave for Upton at 9;00am. Once in Upton we will break into 2 groups, up trail riders and down trail riders. Remember club member drivers only. Drivers are responsible for their guests. No alcohol drinking on the trail. We will try to be back to my house by 2:00pm to start the cookout. If anyone wants to use the obstacle course(playground) we will go down after the BBQ. Hope to see you there.